Books and Reads on the Shelf of WITM

A summary of books read by WITM.

Currently reading "The Fourth Hand" John Irving

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Keeping Track of Books

Had to create a blog to keep track of my reading. I don't like it being a part of my other main blog. This is mainly for me because I like to maintain a list of what I read. Today I finished "Cat's Eye" by Margaret Atwood which I thoroughly enjoyed. I picked up the book at a big used book sale last fall. I have read the 20 or so books I picked up at the sale and am anxiously looking forward for this year's. This book allowed me to escape to another city and country, Toronto, Canada and a different era, the 1940s-1980s.

The story is supposed to be somewhat autobiographical. I liked the tale because it dealt with families, relationships, interactions and the large and small aspects of life that make up our personal histories. A majority focus of the book involves the main character's difficulties with her group of junior high age girl friends. Having experienced this same sort of stuff when I was that age, which was awful, I was able to totally relate.

Now I have to figure out what I'll read next. I'm running out of titles on my bookshelf. But every night I read before bed so will have to pull something off the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment